What We Do
We can teach your team how to develop tighter, more compelling presentations in less than half the time it probably takes them today. We follow a proven, 6-step approach to structuring a Program guaranteed to teach the professionals on your team how to develop highly effective presentations, fast:
- Diagnose Your Team's Unique Needs by meeting with participants in advance of the seminar to understand their needs and development goals
- Diagnose Participants' Current Skill Levels by reviewing participants' recent work to determine their level of skill in developing effective presentations
- Craft a Customized Training Program designed specifically to meet the needs of the client's team, based on the outcome of Phases I & II above
- Conduct Customized Training Seminar – a full-day (or 1 half-day) intense and insightful seminar for up to 12 participants
- Conduct 1:1 Personalized Coaching with all program participants individually after the seminar to help them interpret and apply the principles of the seminar
- Provide On-going Support and Counsel (optional)
What We Cover
While the actual content of every Program is tailored to the specific needs of each team, the topics we are likely to cover include:
- Understanding core drivers of human behavior and their impact on presentations
- Examining the subtle but powerful interplay between text, graphics, pictures and other visual cues
- Thinking like a top executive
- Approaching presentation development with the right array of "mindsets"
- Seeing the world through the eyes of the audience
- Understanding the awesome power of positioning
- Exploring the power of internal target marketing
- Setting the right context for any discussion
- Incorporating presentation development into project planning
- Leveraging the "consulting model"
- Keeping the appropriate focus
- Editing for relevant content
- Projecting a professional and commanding image
- Creating compelling visuals
- Using charts and graphs effectively
- Typeface, tables, and pictures
- Important "Do's and Don'ts"
- Achieving clear business objectives and "selling" your ideas
- Keeping the presentation "fresh" and engaging
- Determining how to use humor and non-standard visuals appropriately
- Going for the close
Real World Questions We Address
In each seminar, we answer real-world questions like:
- How do I handle a management "fishing expedition" when the people providing direction don't seem to really know what they want?
- How do I develop a presentation when there isn't sufficient time? (There's always enough time if you know how to manage the process.)
- How can I prevent myself and others from going off on interesting but time consuming tangents?
- How do we know what's most important to present?
- What is the best way to deliver bad news to the Board?
- How can we anticipate audience questions?
- I have a mountain of data and analysis: how do I know where to start?